Firstly, let's recognize what is PCOS?
It is a complex medical disorder characterized by irregular menstrual cycle, acne, excessive hair growth, excessive weight gain , infertility and diabetes in a long run.
Now I would like to throw light on management of PCOS!! When we move towards the management of PCOS I would like to state that it is a "TEAM WORK" of a Endocrinologist, Gynecologist, Physician, Dietician ,Yoga therapist and above all patient and relative cooperation.
There are three aspects through which we can tackle PCOS!
1.LIFE STYLE MODIFICATIONS
You need to make Itsy bitsy changes in your daily routine!!
● Early to bed and early to rise should be your mantra. Good quality sleep by cutting off from routine hassles at night and switching off the unwanted electronic gadgets.
● Brisk walking in the morning from 45 minutes to 1 hour.
● You need to exercise Yoga and meditation to manage your stress.
2. NUTRITIONAL STRATEGIES IN PCOS
WHAT TO AVOID?
● White bread
● Process foods
● Junk foods
● Milk and milk products
WHAT TO INCLUDE?
● Whole grains
● Fruits and vegetables
● Pulse & legumes
● Nuts and seeds
● Lean proteins (chicken/fish)
SUPER FOOD FOR PCOS
● Coconut oil
● Aloe vera
● Apple cider vinegar
● Nuts and seeds
● For adolescent girls and unmarried women medications for PCOS, control of diabetes, thyroid , and elevated prolactin levels are available.
● For married women who are planning for a pregnancy ,ovulation stimulating drugs, hormonal injections like FSH AND LH shall be given in addition to other drugs
● Surgeries like laparoscopic ovarian drilling will be advised to improve ovulation which shall increase the fertility.
Lastly, I would like to write a note on the behalf of all women's suffering from PCOS!!
Please get out of that toxic relationship of yours with cysts and for once do what you are supposed to do.
Can't - take - it - anymore!!
RTR. Sakshi Sameer Bharati
(Editor - RC Thane Premium 20-21)